How exciting! Thank you so much Amie for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. This award recognises the unique voices of women bloggers around the world, and I’m so honoured that you’ve chosen me as one of your nominees. Amie is a brilliant writer and I absolutely love her blog, so guys, go check it out!
Here are the rules for the SWBAs (I know, I make up the worst acronyms):
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Nominate seven blogs.
- Make a list of ten questions for your nominees.
Okay, so my answers to Amie’s ten questions:
- Why did you start blogging? Honestly, just to write. I’ve always been one of those silent observers – I had a voice that I was too afraid to use, and writing (and blogging) gave me the chance to speak up and to speak out my thoughts.
- Which is your favourite among your blog posts? Why? That is a really difficult question; it’s like asking me what my favourite book is. But for now, I’ll have say that ‘Cracks and broken tears’ is my favourite, because writing that blog post gave me a moment of catharsis and also satisfied the part of me that is hopeless romantic.
- Who/What inspires most of your blog posts? Personal experiences, interesting things I notice in daily life, books or movies that I can’t stop thinking about, the song that I’m currently listening to on repeat. Honestly, anything has the potential to inspire my next blog post.
- What are your dreams and goals for your blog? When I first started this blog, I never anticipated myself going as far with it as I have now. And that’s because I had no idea just how supportive this blogging community is and just how important this kind of support is as a driving force behind blogging. So I suppose my goal is to continue growing my readership, to keep this blog alive. But my dreams for this blog? To inspire people, to add to the positivity in this world, to use what I know (or think I know) to help others fill in their own blanks.
- What do you want to accomplish this year? I am a big dreamer, and what I want to achieve is not always achievable. But one thing I definitely want aim to accomplish this year is to become an active member in the community – to participate in as much as I can, to meet new people, to do my part in helping to make this world a better place. And I know that this isn’t really an ‘accomplishment’ but I want to work towards being a happier person who sees her worth and doesn’t need other people’s words to make her feel more worthy.
- What is your favourite book? Why? Challenging question. You do not ask an avid reader what her favourite book is. Currently (because my favourite book always changes), it’s Veronica Roth’s Allegiant, the last book in the popular Divergent trilogy, because I love the style of writing (so powerful, so evocative), I love the characters (so realistic), I love the ending (yes, I may have cried) and I just love everything about that book. It literally sent me in a whirlwind of emotions.
- What brings you joy? Whatever makes me laugh. For real.
- Describe yourself in 3 words. I don’t know. (only kidding :P) Clumsy. Diligent. Responsible.
- Now tell us what 3 words your friends would use to describe you. Hardworking. Outgoing. Fun.
- How long have you been blogging? A couple years back, I started a blog, but I wasn’t exactly motivated about it, so the blog hit the ground before it even took flight. But this blog on WordPress has been going on for a little more than a month now.
Okay, my nominees in no particular order…………… *suspense created by all these ellipses*
Congrats guys 🙂 All of you have such unique voices and write wonderfully. My 10 questions for you:
- If you were musical instrument, what would it be and why?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What is your favourite fictional world/universe?
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favourite movie of all time and what’s so awesome about that movie?
- What is one thing you wish were true but isn’t?
- If you could Apparate (that’s right, Harry Potter style) to one place on Earth in this very moment, where would it be?
- What is your life motto?
- Who is your inspiration in life?
- What is your current favourite novel and why?
That’s it! Hope you enjoy answering the above questions. And to anyone who’s still here up to this point (because I know, this is a super long post), you’re awesome and thank you so much for reading.