Wow, wow, wow… hold up for a second. Am I reading right? I blink. I lean closer to the screen. I push my glasses up. And… it looks like I am reading right. Ladies and gentlemen, today marks the special day when I’ve been nominated for… not one, but TWO blogging awards! Incredible! I’m simply speechless (but thankfully not wordless; otherwise I wouldn’t be able to type up this blog post!).
Very Inspiring Award
Thank you so much Swajithkas for nominating me for this ‘Very Inspiring Blogger Award’. I’m truly humbled. You yourself are a most inspirational blogger and friend, who indeed adds to the beauty of this blogsphere. One of my biggest dreams for this blog (and in life) is to inspire people, so to be nominated for the VIBAs (yes I know, my acronyms continue to be horrible) is just the most amazing feeling ever.
So here are the rules for the VIBAs:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate other amazing blogs and comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them.
7 facts about myself:
- I fall in love with a LOT of fictional guys. Tobias/Four (from Divergent), Étienne St. Clair (from Anna and the French Kiss – he has a handsome American with a French name and a British accent… seriously, what’s not to love?), Mr Darcy (from Pride and Prejudice)… the list just goes on. Unfortunately, it’s always been unrequited love.
- I love New York City, and I don’t even know why. I just do. Maybe it’s because I love the city bustle. Maybe it’s because Taylor Swift lives there. Maybe it’s because so many novels and movies are set there. Maybe it’s because the city lets individuals join the crowd as uniquely themselves. Maybe it’s all of the above. Whatever the reason, NYC has captured my heart.
- I have a tendency to write extremely long messages on Christmas cards; sometimes, I have trouble fitting all the words in.
- I prefer making my own birthday cards, over buying them at the store.
- I like rhymes. I’m that person who will exclaim on a regular basis, ‘Hey, that rhymes!’
- I enjoy novels with strong, independent, fiercely brave female characters (no fainting heroines for me!).
- I like talking on the phone past midnight.
Now, my nominees in no particular order…
Just as a side (but important) note, I want to say that every single one of you readers and bloggers make this blogsphere a truly beautiful place, and there would be no blogsphere without you guys.
Anyway, here are the rules for this award:
- Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog.
- Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominees.
- Nominate other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
- No tag-backs.
And my answers to Tabitha’s 10 questions are as follows:
- If you had the chance, would you rather see what your future holds or relive any moment in your past? I would rather relive a moment in my past, because to me, what’s so special about the future is that it’s unknown and remains unknown until the moment it becomes the present, and I wouldn’t want to ruin the mystery of whatever lies ahead.
- What do you love about writing? I love that it gives me the space to reflect, to discover, to re-discover and to experience moments of catharsis. I write to inspire and to be inspired.
- If you were stranded on an island with only one book what would it be? Difficult question! I would choose Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice because I would need Elizabeth’s witty humour and Darcy’s passionate declarations of love to keep me company on this mystical island. Or maybe Jonathan Swift’s Guillver’s Travels? Who knows, I might meet tiny people on this island, and I’ll need all the guidance that I can get my hands on!
- What are some awards you’ve received in your personal life? Mainly academic awards; I’ve gotten Dux of the Year a few times. But once, I did get this Swimming Age Champion trophy, which was shocking.
- Top 5 most played songs in your music library. ‘Style’ by Taylor Swift; ‘Between The Bars’ by Elliot Smith; ‘We Are Young’ by FUN; ‘Candles’ by Daughter; ‘All You Had To Do Was Stay’ by Taylor Swift.
- What movie reminds you of your high school years? Oh geez. I really don’t know the answer to that. All high school movies seem to have cliched cliques, and my high school didn’t have those kinds of cliques.
- If you didn’t live where you are now, where would you be living? Hopefully New York.
- What time era would you love to visit? Elizabethan Era, so I can meet Shakespeare and watch his plays.
- Name a candy you cannot resist. Tic Tacs.
- Do you prefer a physical book or an eReader? Another difficult question. I love the smell and feel of physical books, and would prefer physical books if I were reading at home. But if I was travelling, I would prefer an eReader, since it’s lighter and more convenient (wouldn’t want to drag along a whole suitcase of books!)
Now, I nominate:
Congrats guys! My 10 questions for you are:
- Who is your role model?
- What a typical breakfast for you?
- How quickly can you say the alphabet backwards? (yep, you may need to test this one 😛 )
- Who makes you laugh the loudest?
- Why do you write?
- Five words that best describe you.
- What’s your favourite mode of transport and why?
- What’s your dream job?
- Sweet or savoury?
- What do you like to do on a rainy day?
Okay, that’s it! Hope you enjoy answering the questions. For anyone who’s managed to read on till the end, a huge thank you and well done, because you’ve officially read over 1000 words… and because you’re amazing, just the way you are 🙂 (Guess what song I stole those lyrics from!)