Thank you Aquileana for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award (Flowers Version), I’m greatly honoured. Aquileana is a wonderful blogger who writes very insightful, informative posts about Greek mythology, so it’s worth checking out her blog, if you haven’t done so already 🙂
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the person who gave you this award, and include a link to their blog.
- Nominate other blogs you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Write down 7 thing about yourself.
My nominees, in no particular order:
As for the 7 things about myself, I thought I’d do something a little different this time…
7 things I’ve learnt about myself (and about life)
I’ve learnt that though I hate to cry,
I love those books that bring my tears to life.
I’ve learnt that love I give is not a sight,
but an action grown with time and plight.
I’ve learnt that while my dreams are high,
I’ll push through the dark that clouds my sky.
I’ve learnt that bad days change to better days,
and it’s okay not to be okay.
I’ve learnt that makeup doesn’t always conceal,
sometimes it’s used to reveal the real you.
I’ve learnt that while planning is key,
sometimes you just need to jump head-in.
And lastly, the act of being truly yourself,
is something I’m learning to embrace myself.
Holy smokes! So here I was, just casually scrolling through my Reader, when suddenly I see that I’ve been nominated for this Versatile Blogger Award! My reaction? alsdkfjalskdfjasldkfj! Thank you so much May 13th for nominating me!! I love your blog, and I’m just so so humbled that you enjoy reading mines too.
When I first started this blog a few weeks ago, I never anticipated that anyone would actually read it, let alone comment on it or follow it. So I just want to say a huge thank you to you all – yes, you! – for supporting me, for leaving me such lovely messages, for giving this blog a chance. I’ve always loved writing, and yeah, writing is amazing. But being able to share my writing with you guys? That is what’s most amazing. As a wise person once said, “If you have no one to share any of this with, then what’s the point?”
Okay, so here are the rules for the VBA:
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 blogs.
- Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know.
7 facts about myself:
- When I get really excited, I start speaking gibberish.
- I absolutely LOVE food. Just feed me good food, and you’ve won my heart.
- I have a really weird laugh. Even I think it’s weird. That’s how weird it is.
- I can play the piano quite well.
- I love dancing (but only in secret. Audience count: 0). Goofy moves is how I roll.
- When I have steam to blow off, I like to read Shakespeare monologues out loud (it usually involves me yelling them at the top of my lungs).
- It’s extremely rare to see me with any makeup.
My nominees, in no particular order…
- Young & Twenty
- Simply Haynes
- The World According to Grethe
- Cosy Words
- your average book worm
- frustration personified
- Fiction Limbo
- Eat, Play, Clove.
- Finding My Inner Zen
- In Pursuit of Contentment
- Joyfully Abby
- The Girl in Glasses
- A Simple Life
- Aging Gracefully My Ass
Again, a big thank you to you all! Every bit of support you’ve shown me – every view, every like, every comment, every follow – truly means a lot to me 🙂